Telnet Login Root.

Kurt Granroth kurt@granroth.org
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:10:11 -0700

Sir Edward James William wrote:
> I want to login remotly and add users through telnet.
>
> I can get a telnet connection and login with other user accounts I configed.
> However I cant, login remotly through telnet as root
>
> can ya help me? What do I need to config?

Not to sound preachy, but using root with telnet is a seriously BAD
idea.  A much better one would be to use 'ssh' to login (not just as
root -- for everybody).  There are ssh clients for Windows and Mac if
you are coming from there.

If (for some reason) ssh isn't an option, then I recommend that you
login as root in two steps:

1) Login using telnet as a normal user
2) 'su' to root
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop