OpenBSD and DNS

cj plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 15:00:25 -0700

Nslookup gets a "no response from server" error. Dig gets a "connection
refused" error. This machine has been able to get network access before. I
was trying to recompile the kernel and it kept screwing up; probably from
incomplete source code. Anyway, I rebuilt it and after much fooling around
got my IPF and IPNAT rules to boot up without errors, but now I can't get to
the DNS. My IPNAT is very simple:
map ep0 10.0.1.0/24 -> ep0 /32 portmap tcp/udp 1025:65000

My IPF rules are borrowed from "Building Linux and OpenBSD Firewalls". The
ICMP section is as follows:
pass in quick on ep0 proto icmp all icmp-type 0
pass in quick on ep0 proto icmp all icmp-type 3

pass in quick on ep0 proto icmp all icmp-type 11

I appreciate your time.

CJ