CD R/RW

Technomage plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:18:44 -0700

the xsane issue is a bit complex.
in a nutshell, xsane was not designed to deal with scanners on
non-scsi device platforms. so there may be problems getting sane
or xsane to work with your scanner.

if you know what the device name is under /dev, you may be able to
alias it for xsane, but given other problems, this may produce mixed or
null
results.

sane does have a mailing list and they may have more information.

Technomage Hawke

> dzink wrote:
>
> I am presently running SuSE 7.2...  I am also fairly new to the linux
> community which
> will explain any mistakes I make... "Fingers crossed"   Any, if anyone
> else is running
> either SuSE 7.1 or 7.2 I would appreciate a response to my following
> questions:
>
>  1st:  I cannot seen to get either SuSE 7.1 or 7.2 to recognize either
> of my CD R/RW's.
> I have a Iomega Zip 8x4x32 and a HP 9100i 8x4x32... I have installed
> SuSE using
> either one my cd r/rw separately.. (I do not have the both installed
> at the same
> time but switched them) .   I have tried to setup ide-scsi immulation
> but to no
> avail. Any help on setting up either one of these cd r/rw's would be
> appreciated.
>
> 2nd:  I have a HP 6300 usb scanner.  SuSE shows the scanner
> connected/registered
>  via usb but Xsane will not recognize my usb scanner...  Any
> suggestions on this issue?
>
> Thank You,
>
> DZ

numbered!