Bad date when directories created....

Donn Shumway plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:54:12 -0700

I recently installed Mandrake v8.0 on a 1G Athlon (with a Voodoo3 2000 video
card) and everything was working well until I installed XFree86 4.10 via
RPMs from the Cooker site. I am having an error pop up on bootup, as it
tries to run Aurora:

'...cannot open file lock /tmp/.txl-lock...'

And an error on startup of KDE:

(I have a console starting from a saved session)
Font '-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-15-140-75-75-c-90-iso10646-1' not found.
Check README.linux.console for help.

If I change the font size in the console, I get the same message with a
variation of the font size.

Looking deeper, I found that my system clock was set to the year 2021 (and
since has been corrected) during install and many directories have dates in
that year, including the /tmp, /bin and quite a few others. I don't know if
this is what is causing any of the errors, but I would still like to correct
this.

So, my first question is, how do I change the date on a directory or a file?

The only real errors I found in the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file is:

(II) TDFX(0): [drm] drmSetBusID failed (6, PCI:1:0:0)
(EE) TDFX(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed, disabling DRI.
(==) TDFX(0): Direct Rendering disabled

My second question is, how do I get my Voodoo3 to work again in 3d?

Thanks to all.

Donn