Having Problems

Chirs Cowan plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:14:22 -0700

I just downloaded 8.0.5 for Linux and it has a completely different
installer. It's text based! which is good considering I need to put it
on a server and I didn't really want to install an X Windows server. It
installed and I finally got an sqlplus session running and connected to
my Oracle 8.0.5 server. Although the sqlplus that installed doesn't
work... piece of crap....

We are currently running 8. Does anyone know if the Oracle 8 NET*8 will
work with Oracle 8i? (We might be upgrading soon)

Chris