hello

Lane Davis plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:30:58 -0700 (MST)

Ok, I just grabbed a copy of Redhat 7.1 from their distribution site,
burned it to CD and installed it on a laptop.

Tell me if I'm crazy, or is it normal for Linux distributions these
days to ship with older KDE (this came with 1.1.2) and old buggy linux
kernels (2.2.16).  linux-2.2.16 seems to have some odd bug with the
3c57x controller.  Weird messages appear in syslog such as "eth0:
transmit timed out", and various other Tx/Rx errors.  It surprises
me that Redhat ships with this kernel.

I'm new to the list so I was wondering what the general concensus
is with Mandrake 8.0.

My morning rant :)
->L

|  | Lane Davis            No man is an island, but if you take a bunch  |  |
|  | <ldavis@fastq.com>    of dead guys and tie them together, they make |  |
|  | Phone: 602-722-1200   a pretty good raft.                           |  |