Reminder: AzPHP meeting tonight at MCC

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:25:43 -0500 (CDT)

Anyone catch the article in the Rebuplic today?  Personal Tech section:

Safely start with Linux

Had picture of Tux on front and all.

Here is the online story....

http://cgi.gannettonline.com/cgi-bin/techwrapper.pl?URL=http://www.gannettonline.com/e/helpadvice/10001241.html&AFFIL=AZC

Funny how the author talked to no one from GNU\Linux community, but did
talk to a M$ Windows product manager.

Now my question.  Will the NPO actively be approaching such local
publications?  Will they make sure our voice is heard?  Perhaps we could
get a columnist in the Republic every other Tuesday?  It is OBVIOUS that
GNU\Linux has hit thier radar.  Lets make sure they are telling the right
side of the story.

In this article they list a price next to every distro and dont mention
you can get for free on the net or that InstallFests Exist.  Perhaps
someone should contact Mr. Yaukey and let him know we are willing to do an
Install Fest etc...

Just an FYI.

Derek