Coda or AFS

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:30:34 -0700

As most of you know, we are switching over Sequoia school to be 100% linux
(Hurray for summer to do these things :)
Anyway, I am looking for a good network filesystem to use around the campus
and have narrowed it down to Coda and AFS.
What I need to know is how stable is coda now and is it up to running sevral
hundred computers that we have around the school.   I would prefer to use it
because of its nice feature of being able to run stuff offline and then
re-syncing when it comes back online.

If it's not up to task I'll proabably have to use AFS, unless someone can
convince me otherwise.

I also wouldn't mind any success stories with other files systems that
anyone has have luck with.

Brian Cluff