Problems with Earthlinks PPP access

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:39:25 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Kimi Adams
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 9:54 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Problems with Earthlinks PPP access

Hmmm, I doubt that most ISP's have any knowledge of Unix or Linux in any
format beyond simple instructions.  That's why it's important to be part of
this group and to understand what other ISP's don't.  It's a known fact that
only Windows machine can get on the internet, right?

....................??...................right?

(...and then the phone was picked up by a real person and they asked that
one irritating question "What is your operation system, Windows 95, Windows
98 or Windows ME?")  This is a topic worth saving.

Kimi
-----
You know kimi - you truly lack subtlety.

I like having you around - it's good that we have some local ISP's offering
enthusiastic service at a competitive price. You only need to learn when to
speak up and when to quit.

I happen to know that there are many local ISP's quite versant in unix /
variants.

Jason is ranting - undoubtedly for good reason. My guess is that there must
be someone out there willing to rant about your company - unless you guys
are so good that you've never had a dissatisfied customer.

I can tell you that I have successful relationships with Sprint Broadband,
Primenet (yes, they're apparently Primenet again), Getnet, System Solutions,
RNI and others. None of them are perfect and I've been frustrated at times
with each and every one.

Craig