XUL and stuff [was Re: Netscape 6.. ohmygod...]

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:19:44 -0500 (CDT)

> Shameless plug? Are you a gnucash developer? We use Quickbooks to manage

I am maintainer of GNU Enterprise, but we do work a lot with GNUCash team.
At one point we considered wrapping thier accounting engine for GNUe.

> finances at my computer shop - this includes managing banking, payroll,
> taxes, invoicing, recievables and payables, estimates and inventory.

You are correct GNU Cash does not do all this, GNUe will.  GNUe is
something similar to SAP more than it is to Quickbooks.

> could do what I need. If you know differently, please let me know. Why
> duplicate efforts? I am interested in writing though software. If XUL
> execute system commands, maybe I'll explore that. I could do XML, but I
> prefer the power of a database application instead. Hey, there's an
> effort to bind Gnome to PHP, maybe there's something in that. :) I've
> actually played with the Perl binding...

There is PHP GNOME stuff somewhere, but I do encourage you to look at
GNUe, if you will be at meeting tonight we can discuss rather than on the
list.  I think you might be pleasantly suprised.

Derek