Repair .hdepend file?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:30:39 -0700

Well, well!  I obviously don't understand the workings of the kernel or rpm.

I gave up, for the moment, on the rpm files.  I renamed linux-2.4.2-2-Org
back to linux-2.4.2.  On a whim I typed make mrproper.  It worked!

The .hdepend file is much longer, with a great many more lines after the
previously offending one.  All I can think is that the rpm program "knew"
that the source tree had "-Org" tacked on the root directory name and
restored the .hdepend file for me.

Any comments?  As my wife chides me: "Just be happy it works!" but I always
want to know why!

Alan