imap mail handling

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:18:57 -0700

On Monday, June 4, 2001, at 03:20 PM, Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Craig White wrote:
>> I have been playing with imap and can see it's advantages for me to use
>> various computers - sort of a roaming profile but if I give up the use
>> of a mail client, I lose the ability to use the client application to
>> use rule sets to sort thru the mail and redirect it.
>>
>> Is there something that can do this for me when it is received -
>> procmail?
>>
>> the concept I am looking for is to log in via imap and have all the
>> mail
>> pre-sorted into folders in my /~ folder.
>
> Right, just use procmail as long as you have control of the IMAP
> server and it's on the same system as your home directory.  By
> default, most IMAP servers will serve all mailboxes in your ~/Mail
> directory.
> --

Care to throw a bone to this starving dog who is eager to leave Outlook?

What would a procmail script look that does this look like? I did a man
on procmail and it didn't give me any clues but I got the idea that I
need to put a procmailrc file (which I presume is a shell script) that
does something.

<http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LG/issue45/pollman/procmail.html> hints but
doesn't get there..

Craig

ps - if this is html mail, I'm sorry but this is the OSX "Mail" and
everything looks like HTML. I'll figure it out soon.