Speeding up File Transfers

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 31 May 2001 23:20:26 -0700

---
I have Sprint Broadband and have gotten it installed on 6 other customers
offices - all with a linux router/firewall. ALL of them work the same - no
problem with FTP though I discourage them from using it and only 2 have it
set up. Sprint doesn't detect or shut anything down. They don't even bother
those serving http but of course performance leaves a bit to be desired in
this arena.

Just checked the logs - one of them has been up since I wiped it and
reconfigured last April 6, 2000 after it was hacked (before I learned all
about firewall techniques).

Another one has had some power outages so there has been a few restarts this
year.

2 of these customers have more than 15 computers behind the masq server.
NONE of them have problems.

Craig