Mail trouble

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:16:40 -0700

Alan Dayley wrote:

> I am sorry that this comment may not be much help, really.  I only wish to
> report that I am on Minspring too and have had no problem at all using Kmail.
>  In fact, my computer is dual boot with Win98 and my wife still uses Eudora
> in Win98 for her mail from Mindspring but I only use Kmail in Linux.   Could
> the fact that you use both Netscape and Kmail have something to do with it?
> Why don't you use one exclusively for a while, then switch to the other for a
> while.  Maybe one is causing the problem.
>
> I only use Kmail so I cannot comment on the reliability or problems with the
> netscape mail client.
>
> BTW, why use both netscape and Kmail?

---------
I find that I eventually get into trouble when I have clients use pop3
boxes on multiple systems and then use the option "leave messages on
server" - probably the only way that you can have multiple clients deal
with the same pop3 box - eventually the internal tables get messed up.

The answer is run your own mail server - use procmail / imap and you can
have as many different mail clients as you would like and they all see
the same mail.

Craig