multi-platform GUI choice

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:15:17 -0700

at the risk of starting another holy war, I have a couple of questions
about multi-platform GUI's, builders, libraries, etc.

I have some research/teaching software I need to beautify an will need
to support at least *NIX and Win* platforms (but I also have a request
to support Mac's).  I spent about 6 years programming in and around
Khoros (a CASE tool I REALLY love, but it is VERY expensive).

Is there anyone out there who is experienced with:

  wxWindows (and wxDesigner)
  Qt
  FLTK (and fluid)

do you know of others?  What GUI builder tools are out there that you
know of?  How verbose is the code, and how easy are the tools to use.

Also, I have heard rumors that Qt changed their copyright lately and set
it up more GPL like.  Can anyone comment?

Thanks in advance...

 EBo --