SUCCESS! [was Re: lilo failed--HELP]

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 07:48:54 -0700

-------
I am of the belief that linux tries to settings in bios that are designed to
accommodate inadequacies of the 16 bit processes of MS-DOS. The BIOS of
motherboards made in the last 3 years all seem to support auto-detect of IDE
devices well enough that you shouldn't have to bother but older BIOS have to
be prodded. I also believe that settings such as LBA for the IDE devices and
plug & play support in OS settings in BIOS are completely ignored in linux -
but not ignored by the insanely great software emanating from Redmond. I am
also thinking that had you implemented the bios=0x82 line in lilo.conf that
it would have taken care of this.

Craig