more on Skylarov

David P. Schwartz plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 02:12:50 -0700

Digital Wokan wrote:

> May not matter.  The FBI is free to pursue the charges against him, then
> Adobe gets to come off looking like the good guys.  Don't let them off
> that easily.  They're the ones who called in the FBI to begin with.
> Let's see them do more than just "back down" before they regain our
> trust.

If you think about it, this situation is the moral equivalent of what the Chinese
did with the crew of the EP-3 that ditched on that island a few months ago.  We're
doing what the Chinese did.  Both situations are based primarily on idiological
stands -- there might be "legal" aspects to them, but basically it's nothing more
than grandstanding, IMO.

-David