problems with KDE

Technomage plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:43:59 -0700

tried that as well.

currently running arts-2.1.2-4mdk (latest release).

the funny thing here is this: I run gnome, xfce, afterstep
and all the others with no problems. only KDE has this problem.

There is also a broken link in /dev for the arts device (the specified
file does not exist under /proc where the link points to).

I've seen this on other machines here but don't get the same problem
that I am encountering on my specific box.

could be a hardware fault, but I am using an identical card
to the ones in other boxes here (Vibra16 PnP ISA card).

Technomage Hawke

Blake Barnett wrote:

> What version of artsd are you running?  Some early versions had the same
> behavior.  Try updating the arts packages.
>
> * Blake

numbered!
My life is my own - No. 6