Dual boot question...

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:53:46 -0700

"Lynn P. Tilby" wrote:

> I have a box with 2 scsi hd's.  I want to load NT on the non-root drive and
> make it a dual boot system without reinstalling my RedHat system.  What is
> the best way to go about doing this?

When I first installed NT on my machine I discoveded the hard way that
the master boot record gets thrashed by NT during install to look like
how they want it...

One thing that should work though is to configure LILO to boot off of a
floppy, and double check it by booting from it.  Next install NT on the
second hard drive and when done boot from the LILO floppy to Linux.  Now
reconfigure LILO to boot from the master boot from the HD AND to account
for the second boot image on the second HD, then rerun LILO.  This
should work...  Anyone see a flaw in my logic?

  EBo --