Redhat 7.1 port access

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:16:44 -0700

OK then, I know nothing about Sybase but I have to believe that it has a log
(/var/lib? /var/sybase? /var/log?) which may yield some clues. How about
/var/log/messages? Does that show a 'deny'? TCP wrappers deny from unknown
host?

I know that MySQL has a permissions table that might allow a logon from
localhost but deny it from other hosts...does that come into play here?

Craig