shoutcast

Derek A. Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 07:55:48 -0700

hmmm....

One reason I suggested icecast was it was really easy to setup, was free
and had good support.  Its been about 1.5 years since I setup.

I was disappointed, I went to thier forum and it seems to be down, and
went to mailing list archive and the search seems broken. :(

Here is the forum:
http://forum.icecast.org/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Here is the mail archive:
http://www.xiph.org/archives/icecast/masterindex.html

Here is how to subscribe to their list:
http://www.xiph.org/icecast/list.html

The also have irc channel on irc.openprojects.net port 6667 #icecast

I visited there and pasted your email.  Here was thier response..

<Vakor_> hi
<Vakor_> I'm not terribly familiar with either ices 0.x or icecast 1.x,
but I can give you some ideas...
<Vakor_> Is that an error from ices or from icecast?
<Vakor_> If the former, then it's probably because the playlist file
contains lines which list directories, rather than files (as well as
normal lines giving files, of course).
<Vakor_> But I'm not sure, I mostly know icecast2 and ices2

I would drop thier list a line visit irc.  In the past they have always
been prompt to respond.

-Derek