Introductions

Sundar Narayanasamy plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:38:22 -0700

I did not read the initial posting. From the answer it looks like, you
are discussing about various linux distributions. So, let me pitch in my
view.

I was using RedHat 6* for last two years on and off. But this march,
when I was searching for distribution with kernel 2.4 release, I came
across SuSE 7.1. Oohhh!  I absolutely love it. It's so easy.

I loved it so much, for my next job(I was in-between jobs) on first day
when the manager asked about the Windoze software that I needed to be
installed on my desktop, I said, 'just  get me the box from IT
department, I will install Linux on it.

He gave me the box and RedHat 7.1 CDs and a warning that it's up to me
to access the printer, LAN etc....

I put in my SuSE 7.1 and went for the meeting came back, it was all set
and ready to rock 'n roll.
Just had to fireup the yast2-printer wizard, it searched the LAN, pulled
up all the available printers on the LAN

I love it. And of course, if you want to do it hard way(learn),  go for
slackware; it's addictive though.

Sundar