Introductions

Kimi Ann Adams plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 07:30:37 -0700

I totally agree with Mike.  I now have four servers with Debian.  I used to
have two with RedHat.  It took so much time for me and my administrator to
watch and fix it that I was paying twice as much for administration as I
should have been.

Since I have had the switch over to Debian (it's taken two months to
migrate two production boxes over), it takes a matter of a few hours a week
to fix problems.  And again, they are completely connected through
virtually a terminal window.  I have one monitor, keyboard at the main NOC
location.  I haven't used it in two months.

Debian is easy to install, easy to update and easy to manage.  Use it and
you won't regret it.

Kimi