Publish and Perish

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:20:41 -0700

---------
I believe that it is the BSA and not the SBA

As for the DMCA and the other things labelled as corporate welfare, I think
that open source movement can make some valuable headway here. Seems pretty
obvious to me that a new computer these days, $500 of it can go towards
Win2K & OfficeXP - that's some serious moolah. Add to that, Microsoft
rewriting the rules on fair use (cannot install on both a laptop and desktop
computer, and 'active enforcement' of the licensing which up until now has
been the 'honor system' of licensing. I think there are a lot of eyes
opening up.

Of course, we are all free to pay $500 for the privilege to use Microsoft's
insanely great software.

;-)

Craig