Publish and Perish

Patrick Fleming plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:52:35 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Jim wrote:

> Well at least we can be proud that we are not part of corporate America.
>
> Another interesting thing that could come out with all this crap,
> notwithstanding the protests against DMCA and Adobe, is that maybe this will
> help uncover how much influence Adobe had when the DMCA was written.

Don't forget the Software Business Alliance- the group formed by M$, Adobe
and others to target piracy.  These are the same people who sent letters
to licensed users of software saying <begin paraprase> you better not be
using illegal copies of our software because we can com look </end
paraphrase> and ran Big Brother type ads on TV last summer and fall here
in AZ.
There are two things I wanted to do but threw the previously mentioned
letter away when I received mine:
1) Return the letter with something like "Sorry only Linux is used here"
written on it (there was a prepaid business return envelope enclosed to
report those you knew who were using pirated software- return address
Redmond, WA)
2) Keep it to laugh at the morons who put it together.

And I believe that it's Digital Millenium Copyright Act- not music as
stated before.

Patrick