[PLUG]RE: Introductions(Potato)

Chris Cowan plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:16:36 -0700

I would like to suggest putting Mandrake 8 on your dual boot and try setting
Debian up on a booty box. Debian is a bit daunting at first. You would be
smart to get your hands on as many dist. as possible and try them all on a
booty box. That way you can really get a feel for what works and what
doesn't. I was in your shoes about a month ago. I've tried Debian, Red Hat,
SuSE, Linux PPC, Yellow Dog, and Mandrake... I went with Mandrake 8 because
I was really impressed with it's performance, anti alias fonts, easy of
install and polished tools... But like I said install as many as you can get
your hands on... you won't regret it...

That's my $.02

Good Luck

Chris...

"Why buy bugs when you can get them for free!"