Introductions(Potato)

Linux plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:57:30 -0700

>From: Blake Barnett <Blake.Barnett@DevelopOnline.com>
>To: "'plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us'"
><plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
>Subject: RE: Introductions
>Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:39:48 -0700
>
>If you really want to _learn_ linux, not just how to use it, but the
>technical nitty-gritty --Go with Debian.  If you want to simply use linux
as
>you would use windows then Mandrake is probably best.

I just bought "Bebian GNU/Linux Bible" from http://bn.com for 34.95 plus
$3.45 (I think) shipping (no Tax!!!!).  It covers Debian Potato. In looking
at it, it seems very comprehensive. It covers most everything one would need
to be aware of.  It does not get into depth on all issues.  It comes with a
CD that has some of the Debian Packages.

>There's no better way to learn than diving in.  Sink or swim.  I must have
>re-installed Slackware 5,000 times when I first started learning linux.
>
>Blake Barnet
>Sr. Unix Administrator
>DevelopOnline

<snip>

| Keith Smith                                         |
| Christian Information Exchange           |
| (520) 298-2227                                  |
| P.O.Box 32158                                  |
| Tucson, AZ 85751                              |
| Keith@ChristianExchange.org             |
| http://www.ChristianExchange.org/      |