Books

Jim plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:49:41 -0700

I think it would be cool to have a list of books that members are willing to
share (maybe on the redesigned web site) and let other members request them
for a period of time.  The owners of the circulating books could either
retain ownership with right to withdraw them from circulation or they could
donate the books (maybe better handled by AZOTO).

Lets face it, if we all start comparing lists of books on our bookshelfs,
there are gonna be a lot of books that appear on almost every list.  I am
sure that Tim O'Reilly wouldnt appreciate book sharing, as opposed to book
buying.

I think this kind of thing would be especially useful to newbies who do not
yet have a large collection of technical Linux books yet and to other members
who are venturing into a new area of Linux.

Anyway - its just an idea that I am throwing out.