PLUG Web Site

Wayne Conrad plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
16 Jul 2001 16:00:09 -0700

On Mon, 16 July 2001, "Jim" wrote:

> Anyone have web space available that we can use?  Qwest really sux.  Apache
> and PhP would be fun to play with for this project.

I've got web server space if you want it for development.  Apache with PHP already set up, if I recall.  The disk isn't full yet, and if it gets full or cramped, I'll get another one.  The processor sucks -- it's a Celeron 333 or something, but I've got a nice AMD K6-3 550 with more RAM that I'm just looking for an excuse to put in there.  Even the rotten Celeron is more than enough for PHP -- It's just a little slow for compiling apache or PHP or the kernel.

The server is on a 144k DSL line, so that's why it's for development only -- we'd have to find somewhere else to host the site once it was finished (although there should be no problem with PLUG members look at what you're doing, so long as it doesn't get totally slashdotted).  It currently hosts 3 low-volume sites, but it's still pretty lightly loaded.  The only time the line gets loaded at all is when one of the family look at eBay listings.

If nobody comes up with a better development host, let me know and we can go to voice and work out the details.

> We will eventually need some sort of navigation bar.  My first thought is a
> table across the very top. maybe only 25 pixels high with the background the
> same color as the normal text and the text in light brown.

What do you think of the navbar here?: http://yagni.com/graycode/index.html.  I think this style of navbar is called "breadcrumbs".  I stole it from Dejan Jelovic, who stole it from Jacob Nielson, so it's got a good pedigree.

  Wayne Conrad