PLUG Web Site

Jim plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:49:12 -0700

Now we have something started!

Anyone have web space available that we can use?  Qwest really sux.  Apache
and PhP would be fun to play with for this project.

On Monday 16 July 2001 14:12, you wrote:
> Very clean.  I like the absense of nonsense.  You didn't do bars down the
> left, bars down the right, bars across the top, and bars across the bottom.
>  That's good.  You didn't change my beloved body font size.  That's also
> good.

We will eventually need some sort of navigation bar.  My first thought is a
table across the very top. maybe only 25 pixels high with the background the
same color as the normal text and the text in light brown.

> How about changing the alt text for the big banner to "Phoenix Linux User's
> Group?"  Alternatively, use text instead of an image, and then use some
> style sheet magic to make the text big like you want it.

The alt text is easy.  Not sure we want to fool with a style sheet for
something like this tho

> How much of a deal would it be to not change the background color?  Brown
> is not bad, but white is really pretty awesome as a background color.

bgcolor is easy to change.  I selected the brown/green colors to give the
desert feel to the page.

> More of a question than a suggestion: What's with the "<td></td>" in the
> table rows?  I've seen that before -- is that a formatting trick?

that puts a blank column at the front of the table so it doesnt rest against
the left age of the page.