PLUG Web Site

Wayne Conrad plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
16 Jul 2001 14:12:23 -0700

On Mon, 16 July 2001, Jim wrote:
> Anyone up to helping with a rewrite of the PLUG site?
>
> I have a start - really barebones and just an index page - at
> http://www.users.qwest.net/~farli/PLUG/index.html
>
> take a look, start suggesting

Very clean.  I like the absense of nonsense.  You didn't do bars down the left, bars down the right, bars across the top, and bars across the bottom.  That's good.  You didn't change my beloved body font size.  That's also good.

How about changing the alt text for the big banner to "Phoenix Linux User's Group?"  Alternatively, use text instead of an image, and then use some style sheet magic to make the text big like you want it.

How much of a deal would it be to not change the background color?  Brown is not bad, but white is really pretty awesome as a background color.

More of a question than a suggestion: What's with the "<td></td>" in the table rows?  I've seen that before -- is that a formatting trick?

  Wayne Conrad