AZ Software Developers - A new group forming...

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 04:14:43 -0700

Tom Bradford wrote:

> Jiva DeVoe wrote:
> > Recently, while discussing coding with some of my friends, we all
> > arrived at the conclusion that what Arizona needs is a Software
> > Development users group, which could meet monthly for the purposes of
> > bringing GREAT software people together, and to generally improve the
> > quality of our craft in Arizona.

don't know if I'm great, but I do my best...

> I like it!  As long as it's not simply a Perl/PHP mutual appreciation
> society, and is truly for software developers, I'd be interested.

agreed...

personally I would love to kick around some ideas with others here... I
am toying around with implementing a computational geometry library via
Boost.org (freely distributed) that uses policies to implement different
geometries (euclidean, spherical, bericentric,...) -- needed for my
work...

I also have a need for some simple embeded controller projects.  Anyone
here played with PIC Micro controlers and interfacing them to Linux,
packet radio (HAM), ethernet, etc.?

Maybe we should get together a list of who is doing what and is
interested in what kind of thing...

  EBo --