dial up help

Wayne Conrad plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
12 Jul 2001 12:21:39 -0700

On Thu, 12 July 2001, Matthew Alexander wrote:
> this can be done with the solution that Wayne provided, but...  you still have
> to factor in that cute little metal blue case.  ;-)

Yes, yes, the cute little metal blue case :)  Plus the buy-it solution is quieter than my solution.

My router has no CPU fan and no hard drive, but there's still the power-supply fan.  It made noticable noise until I plunked down the $20 to replace the stock power-supply fan with a 25dbA one.  We can still hear the router if we try, but we have to try.  So if you need quiet, add a $20 fan to the parts list for the DIY router.