System Flakyness

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:08:36 -0700

OK, well I've spent time trying to figure the problem out and the only
conclusion I can come to is that Verant (makers of EQ) just suck at
programming.  My system is fine until I run even just the patch program for EQ.
At which point I have to reboot the system if I want to do anything other than
EQ.  I guess this is the end of that game for me, time to violate the user
agreement and give it to my friend and let him play the characters.

The memory is good as far as I can tell (made it through 18 hours of the
memtest86 program without a hitch) and runs every other program I want on it no
problem.  The heat sink never gets too hot to touch, the system has lots of cold
air blowing through it and is kept clean of dust and other detritus.

These problems didn't show up till verant released the Scars of Velious
expansion for EQ.  Since then I get nothing but trouble trying to play.  System
locks up at least twice a night, same with my two friends.

I would like to thank everyone on the list for the help, guess it's time to find
a new game to play.