internet terrorism (A preview of whats to come if windows XP makes it to the home market)

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 02:38:00 -0700 (MST)

Am 10. Jul, 2001 schwäzte Richard Ibbotson so:

> Seen from the point of view of the British internet users I'd say
> that this was something of a hell of an understatement.  Have you
> considered getting hold of a British passport ?
>
> Over here we have several draconian laws loosely based around
> computers at home and at work.  These are.... the RIP bill and the
> data protection act.  I won't bother to go into details in order not
> to bore anyone.
>
> Suffice it to say that any suspicion by the FBI or the local police
> in Sheffield where I live can lead to either a confiscated computer
> or a broken front door.  Suspicion is enough for this.  Proof of
> evidence isn't.

Yeah, British Gov't has recently been producing some real crap as far as
computers go. Unfortunately, they're only marginally ahead of the trend for
other countries :(.

It's getting to where we're all gonna have to move to Sealand to have some
freedom. How many of us can fit on an anti-aircraft platform at sea?

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,