internet terrorism (A preview of whats to come if windows XP makes it to the home market)

Richard Ibbotson plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:10:19 +0100

Hello

> We're about to be in deep doo-doo unless somebody either

Seen from the point of view of the British internet users I'd say
that this was something of a hell of an understatement.  Have you
considered getting hold of a British passport ?

Over here we have several draconian laws loosely based around
computers at home and at work.  These are.... the RIP bill and the
data protection act.  I won't bother to go into details in order not
to bore anyone.

Suffice it to say that any suspicion by the FBI or the local police
in Sheffield where I live can lead to either a confiscated computer
or a broken front door.  Suspicion is enough for this.  Proof of
evidence isn't.

So, what kind of can of works are we opening here ?

Thanks

--
Richard