mgetty - vgetty

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 07:41:39 -0700

-------
I am not interested in using this for dial-up either in or out but
obviously, it is/can be used for that.

I am surprised that people aren't all over this. I suppose because
mgetty/vgetty/sendfax are command driven and not GUI.

Anyway, I now have it answering the phone and probably receiving faxes
(trick was to modify inittab) - but have downloaded the VOCP stuff for GUI
access. BTW - is there a way to 'reload' inittab without rebooting?

I mean think about it - add voice & fax messaging with multiple mailboxes
for multiple lines in your house and pull off messages & faxes via http.

Craig