Changing the colors in VIM

Gorman, John plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:43:45 -0700

I recommend going to http://www.vim.org and get a copy of the .vimrc
then modify to suit your needs.

Another option is go to google and search for vimrc

John

-----Original Message-----
From: der.hans [mailto:PLUGd@lufthans.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 10:13 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Changing the colors in VIM

Am 05. Jul, 2001 schwäzte Chris Cowan so:

> Does anyone know how to change the default colors for syntax highlighting
in
> VIM?
>
> The defaults are horrible pastels and there is no way I'm working in those

> all day...

Haven't tried to change individual colors, but when using a black background
I find that inserting a "set background=dark" after the "syntax on" config
statement works wonders.

I use vim for coding and email.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Don't step in front of speeding cars, don't eat explosives