System Flakyness

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 06:46:58 -0700

"me too!"

I went from one crash per hour with Windows to one crash per year
after switching to Linux.  Even after I replaced every component
in the computer, and reinstalled Windows 54 times, I still had the
crashes.

Microsoft's knowledgebase said my problem was memory.

More recently, my Windows system would crash once or twice a day.
When I moved and stopped using the dial-up networking for DSL, which
is how the Intel 2100 internal DSL modem is driven, the lockups
stopped.

George