Resolving rpm Dependencies

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:42:29 -0500 (CDT)

First I would say this is perfect reason why to use Debian. :)  However,
if you cant switch or are not willing to at this time, you might check
out:

http://alien.ath.cx/rpm-get/

RPM-Get claims to be an apt-get clone for rpm packaging.  I have never
personally tried, but you may wish to.

There is also urpmi:
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/cooker/urpmi.html

I am not a Mandrake fan, but if you are you can try this.

I like Donn have always been lazy and used rpmfind, but I dont run RedHat
in many places anymore so its not too irrating to me.

If you try rpm-get let me know what you think of it.

Derek