hello

Shawn T. Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:49:14 -0700

I keep my thermostat at 78 most of the time; but my computer room doesn't
get enough air flow, and there is only one layer of roof (it used to be a
patio; the wood awning was insulated and ceiling tiles added underneath)
so as you can see here

http://ecloud.org/weather/

it gets kinda hot.  That temperature sensor is near the ceiling, where there
should be relatively good airflow.  It gets warmer inside the computer rack.
And my servers do OK; but one of them has a couple of 6" fans which really
move air.

I used to live in a trailer, without air conditioning, only a swamp cooler,
while I went to college.  Computers survived well enough there too; but they
were simpler then.  The ole 386 didn't even have a heatsink.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org