Possible project

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 22:23:27 -0700

Craig White wrote:

> foodog wrote:
> >
> > Take a look at http://www.k12ltsp.org/
> >
> > You can buy a serious server for a lot less than their Windows licensing
> > costs -- say, dual PIII 1Ghz, 1GB RAM, dual Intel Pro100, maybe a RAID
> > adapter.  I was going to suggest "build one", but a warranty is a nice
> > thing to have for people without support infrastructure.
> >
> -----------
> Awesome - I loved their toaster oven server - leave it to linux users to
> put servers in refridgerators (how's the project coming JLF?) and in
> toaster ovens.

hot damn...  8 years ago I suggested to a buddy of mine that they build
something similar into a regular toster.  The difference was to also add
a couple of simple D/A converters and a couple of switches.  You could
then run a fill toaster remotely.  Imagine the command line program
Toast which turned on/off the toster, etc.,... (the -C option was to
burn it to carbon  ;-)

I was really bummed when they decided not to build it...  I even offered
to help...

  EBo --