interesting problems

Hawke proudhawk19021@home.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 07:17:56 -0700

ok,
something wierd, strange and/or bizaar is going on with my system.
overnight I have had gnorpm totally lock my box to the point that
it required a hard reboot (and pick up the pieces later). the network
card (a 3Com product) lost its connection (ifdown and ifup worked
successfully twice, but on the third time, ifdown segfaulted <again
forcing a hard reboot>) and my system self rebooted for not discernable
reason that I've been able to find.

What concerns me most atm, is the NIC. could it be getting old (dying)?
the behavior is such that it will remian dependable for days, weeks,
months
and then pull this crap and then the problem goes away again.

Could it be a software problem with redhat 7.0?

what about a bad module?

anything else I am missing here?

Hawke

--