Sprint broadband

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:36:02 -0700 (MST)

Am 15. Jan, 2001 schwäzte Mark so:

> If I had that service (which I might have if I still lived in the
> valley, I would wonder about the privacy implications of these
> folks "scanning" my machine, and machines of other users?  Are
> they running a network analyzer on everyone or what?

The contracts allow them to do the scans. If they were to try an exploit,
OTOH, I don't think a contract would protect them. Permission to try to
break into my machine hasn't been in any of the contracts I've looked at.

In any case they seem to no longer have people who understand such things
running them...

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
# Motorraeder toeten nicht. Motorraeder werden getoetet.