Sprint broadband

Mark mark@microsolve.co.uk
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:43:17 -0000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C07ED7.96C9226A

If I had that service (which I might have if I still lived in the
valley, I would wonder about the privacy implications of these
folks "scanning" my machine, and machines of other users?  Are
they running a network analyzer on everyone or what?

Mark Firestone

    Bringing old Phoenix Arizona BBSes back to life.

http://www.egroups.com/group/Tardis_BBS
http://tardis3.netfirms.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig White [mailto:craigwhite@azapple.com]
> I have received a phone call (answering machine got it
> unfortunately) letting me know that they had detected a "virus" on my
> system that was "eating network resources and degrading service for other
> customers."  I never did get any information out of them on what type of
> traffic they were seeing that led them to come to the conclusion that I
> had a virus. :)  When I talked to them on the phone the clueless
> tech(?) tried to tell me that the "virus" was attacking other
> systems.  I'm still waiting for them to explain that one to me.....

------_=_NextPart_001_01C07ED7.96C9226A

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>RE: Sprint broadband</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>If I had that service (which I might have if I still lived in the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>valley, I would wonder about the privacy implications of these</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>folks &quot;scanning&quot; my machine, and machines of other users?&nbsp; Are </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>they running a network analyzer on everyone or what?&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Mark Firestone</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>----------------------------------------------------------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Old BBSer?&nbsp; Join the Tardis/Nostromo Mailing list!</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bringing old Phoenix Arizona BBSes back to life.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2><A HREF="http://www.egroups.com/group/Tardis_BBS" TARGET="_blank">http://www.egroups.com/group/Tardis_BBS</A></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2><A HREF="http://tardis3.netfirms.com" TARGET="_blank">http://tardis3.netfirms.com</A></FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Craig White [<A HREF="mailto:craigwhite@azapple.com">mailto:craigwhite@azapple.com</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; I have received a phone call (answering machine got it</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; unfortunately) letting me know that they had detected a &quot;virus&quot; on my</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; system that was &quot;eating network resources and degrading service for other</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; customers.&quot;&nbsp; I never did get any information out of them on what type of</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; traffic they were seeing that led them to come to the conclusion that I</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; had a virus. :)&nbsp; When I talked to them on the phone the clueless</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; tech(?) tried to tell me that the &quot;virus&quot; was attacking other</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; systems.&nbsp; I'm still waiting for them to explain that one to me.....</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt;</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>