Additional memory?

Michael J. Schweppe michael@schweppe.org
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:51:10 -0700

This may seem to be silly question but would I notice a significant
increase in performance if I increased my RAM?  In the past I recall
hearing various opinions as to if a 'real' advantage does exist.

My current setup is a PIII 450 w/ 64M RAM.

I'm not doing anything special presently, no graphics to edit, or hi-end
games, just learning/playing with Linux.

If adding additional memory is a real advantage would adding another 128
on top of the present 64 realize a significant benefit especially since
Linux manages memory usage so well?

Mike