Sprint broadband

Ken Bowley johann@trod.org
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:25:31 -0700 (MST)

Despite all the horror stories, I have this service, and it kicks A$$ for
where I live!  I don't do a lot of uploading, so I don't know exactly what
that looks like.  I don't normally see any packet loss, and I commonly
average over 400K when downloading the kernel source (I happen to have
found an FTP site with a great route, let me know if you have a Sprint
Broadband connection and want to know which one it is)

I have received a phone call (answering machine got it
unfortunately) letting me know that they had detected a "virus" on my
system that was "eating network resources and degrading service for other
customers."  I never did get any information out of them on what type of
traffic they were seeing that led them to come to the conclusion that I
had a virus. :)  When I talked to them on the phone the clueless
tech(?) tried to tell me that the "virus" was attacking other
systems.  I'm still waiting for them to explain that one to me.....