Laptop as a server?

RustyC root rustyc@descomp.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:05:38 -0700 (MST)

sounds like you want more fans in there anyway!

> -> and my old box is mostly put back together (pentium 100 on
> -> an old Intel
> -> board I can't seem to find any documentation for), but I've
> -> only got one
> -> monitor and as of yet no KVM switch (Yes I said to working

Like the man said, boot it headless (or pick up a cheap keyboard
somewhere and just keep the keyboard plugged in - shoot, I know
where you can get used 14" monitors for like $15, pick up a
junker monitor somewhere - yard sales are cool, and can even
supply you with the entire system! - and there you go.

Or, do what I do sometimes - plug the monitor in when booting,
move it to the other machine when using it, then plug the monitor
back to your firewall when done there.  Get a UPS and your chances
of a surprise reboot go down considerably!

rc