Oracle in Linux Environment

Vishwa Hassan Vishwa.Hassan@CyberCilium.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:31:06 -0700

We are currently considering moving to Intel based platforms (from
SUN/Solaris) running one of the distributions of Linix.  This email is to
solicit suggestions on the kind of platform and the distribution.

We would like to run Oracle Apps and Oracle database on two separate
platforms.  I understand the recommended distribution is the RedHat.  I
would like to hear comments on the platform required in terms of processing
power and memory and the recommended distribution to run Oracle.

Further, if a single machine is not sufficient enough in terms of processing
capabilities which performance Linux based clustering software can be used ?

Would appreciate your feedback particularly from those who have setup
similar environment.

Vishwa