standalone firewall

John W wisdom04@home.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 21:52:42 -0700

 I'd like to open by saying thank you to those who helped me with the CDRW
issue and say that all is well. Thanks again. I am looking into setting up an
old box as a firewall for a Linux box and one windows box. I have looked into
the Linuxrouter project and what I found seems to be rather dated. I have at
my disposal Linux Mandrake 7.2, RH 6.2&7.0, Debian 2.2 Potato, FreeBSD 4.1
and Storm Hail release. Would any of these suit my needs or might their be
something specialized for this purpose. I am a newbie so user friendliness
would be nice as well. I have no problems RTFM's to achieve what I am after.
All help appreciated!
--
John Wheat